If you’re into your skincare, there’s no doubt that you’ll have heard of Foreo Luna, the cleansing device that cleanses your skin deeper than your hands ever could.
However, with its high price point it may not be within your budget. Don’t worry though, amazing skin isn’t out of reach, there are plenty of dupes on the market that work just as well and can be incorporated into your current skincare routine as they can be used with any kind of face wash.
Below, I’ve compiled some of the best dupes on the market and answered some questions – read on!
Sunmay Sonic Facial Cleansing Brush
This sonic facial cleansing brush by Sunmay is shaped like a leaf, which makes it easy to get into all the contours of your face, including around your nose which is an area prone to blackheads if you don’t cleanse it properly.
It has 15 different speed settings so you can choose the setting that suits your skin the best. The soft silicone bristles vibrate 7000 times a minute, to provide deeper cleaning than with your hands.
The silicone is a lot easier to clean than other kinds of bristles, meaning that it won’t transfer bacteria to your face when using it and you won’t have the extra expense of having to change the brush head.
One of the things I love about this brush is that it pauses every 20 seconds, meaning it’s time to move to another section of your face and it turns itself off after 2 minutes to avoid over-cleansing and irritating your skin.
The brush is waterproof so you can use it to clean your face in the shower, or you can use it on other parts of your body prone to blackheads, such as your back and shoulders.
- 15 different speed settings
- Leaf shaped to reach all areas of your face
- Silicone bristles that are easy to clean with warm, soapy water
- Vibrates at 7000 times a minute
- Pauses every 20 seconds and stops after 2 minutes
- Charges with any micro-USB, so your phone charger should work just fine!
- 1 year warranty
- Memory function to remember the last setting
- Lightweight and portable
- 4 colours to choose from
- Comes with charger
- Brushes like this can irritate sensitive skin if used every night, causing soreness and inflammation. If this happens, try using the brush every other night instead.
Hailicare Face Massager Brush
This face massager brush by Halicare cleanses the face, reduces the appearance of blackheads, exfoliation and massages the face too.
I love that this brush massages the face, as this helps to increase the blood flow to the face and drains any excess fluid that can build up – leaving you looking depuffed and with a healthy glow.
The massager brush has 3 different bristle types, a coarse brush on the top that is best used on oil-prone areas such as the nose and forehead, a tiny brush below this for the more delicate areas such as the cheeks, and a coarse brush on the back that spans a wider area for massaging your face and relaxing your muscles.
The brush is really easy to hold due to its shape, its waterproof and made of high quality silicone, which as mentioned before is easy to clean to prevent bacteria build up.
It has multiple speed settings, starting on the medium one when you turn it on, from there you can use the + and – signs to find the best mode for you.
It also holds its charge well, with some reviewers saying it takes up to 3 months for the charge to run out!
- High quality silicone that is hygienic and gentle on the skin
- Multiple vibration settings
- 3 different types of bristles
- Dual purpose – cleanser and massager
- 3 colour choices
- Easy to hold, lightweight and portable
- Holds charge well
- Comes with charger
- No warranty on product
FashionBase Facial Cleansing Brush
This facial cleansing brush by FashionBase effectively buffs away dead skin cells, dirt, oil and makeup to ensure your skin is thoroughly cleansed and looking brighter and healthier.
It has 5-speed vibration settings, with the high one allowing deeper cleansing and the low one boosting blood circulation which increases the production of collagen and elastin – reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and depuffing the skin!
It vibrates 6000 times a minute and similar to the brush listed above, has 3 different bristle types.
The ergonomic design makes it easy to hold and it can be charged with any USB phone cable, so if you’re travelling and forget the charger – don’t worry!
Just make sure you’ve put the stopper in the charging port before use so no water gets inside. It comes in 3 different colours, and the neutral design means that it’s a suitable gift for anyone who enjoys skincare – man or woman.
- High grade silicone
- 5 vibration settings, including one to massage your face
- Vibrates at 6000 times a minute
- 3 bristle types
- Charges with a USB cable that comes included
- Easy to hold, lightweight and portable
- 3 colours, makes a great gift for anyone!
- Long lasting battery life
- No warranty on product, however seller is always available to help with any queries about the product
- Doesn’t stop automatically, so there is a risk you can over cleanse your skin
BONUS PRODUCT – Aldi’s Silicone Sensitive Skin Cleanser
This silicone facial cleanser by Aldi is designed for sensitive skin, but works on all skin types.
With 14 intensity levels which ranges from high pulsations to remove any debris and clear your skin, to low ones to massage and increase blood circulation in wrinkle prone areas.
Cleansing your skin with this device will also help to improve the absorption of products that follow, including your moisturiser, leaving you with glowy, hydrated and plump skin.
The cleanser is waterproof, so it can be used in the shower too. It also comes with a USB charging cable and an amazing 3 year warranty!
Reviewers have commented that they are surprised how effective this product is and that their skin has never looked so clear, healthy and hydrated!
One reviewer even said that they can see no difference between this and the top end, expensive ones!
- 3 year warranty
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- 14 intensity levels
- Cleanses and massages
- Comes with charging cable
- Lots of positive reviews
- Only comes in one colour
Is The Foreo Luna Worth It?
Foreo Lunas have certainly made a name for themselves in the skincare world, and there’s a good reason for that – it’s an excellent product.
If you’re not sure about all the dupes on the market and are still tempted to buy the real thing, I don’t blame you! The Luna is made of medical-grade silicone that’s safe for all skin types, including sensitive, and is said to be more hygienic than other brands.
The Foreo claims to remove 99.5% of dirt and oils from your pores using the unique T-Sonic Pulsations that provide deeper cleaning, as well as reducing fine lines and wrinkles and massaging your face too.
It has bristles on both sides of the device, one for customised cleansing and the other for deeper cleansing. It also has 12-speed settings and is said to give you 450 uses between each charge, which is amazing battery life.
The Foreo Luna is also said to help increase the absorption of your skincare products, and there’s lots of different variants of the Foreo Luna, so you can really tailor the brush to your skin, rather than the ‘one size fits all’ of certain dupes.
There’s more than one Foreo brush in the range.
- Foreo Luna 2 – T-Sonic Pulsations vibrate at 8,000 times per minute meaning you get an even deeper clean, it even has a specific anti-ageing mode.
- Foreo Luna 2 Mini – perfect size for travelling, just a smaller version of the Luna 2.
- Luna UFO – a masking device that uses thermal and cryotherapy that can be used with specific Foreo sheet masks. It helps to activate the benefits of the sheet masks and make them more effective.
- Luna Go – made for men, with the same features as the Luna 2. It’s great for travelling.
Where Can I Buy Genuine Foreo Products In The UK?
With the Foreo cleansers being such famous products, there’s bound to be fakes out there, but there are places where you can buy genuine Foreo products in the UK.
Beauty retailers such as Cult Beauty sell multiple models of genuine/official Foreo cleansers, with different colour options too.
They both also have return policies, so if you’re not entirely satisfied with your order then you can return them.
After reading this article, I hope you’ve found all the information you were looking for. You’ll soon be on your way to beautiful, healthy skin!